Life can be hard. It’s gotten especially real lately – illness, disease, devastating accidents, and more have hit my friends and family. Then there’s the news, full of death and war and increasing negativity. Don’t even get me started with the election. I can’t. In the past few weeks, this has all been weighing so heavily on me, and I think about them as I drive home every day. Today, as I groaned about the 18 wheeler meandering along in the left lane of the freeway as I passed by going only 55, I had to stop myself. Think of something positive!
I’ve been focusing on Matthew 12:34 lately – “for the mouth speaks what the heart is full of” – and trying to fill my heart with positive so that I speak good and not evil.
So, I want to hear it. Come at me with your good news. Big, small, seemingly insignificant, I want all of it.
Allow me to kick things off:
- I desperately needed a pick me up at lunch today and there was enough coffee left in the work room for me to fill up a mug.
- I may have finally found something that will help my poor puppy stop itching constantly.
- The temperatures are dropping. Fall, ya’ll.
- I have a massive to do list, but I have exactly zero on my schedule for Saturday, so I can knock some of it out.
- iMessage is letting me keep up with friends who are across the world.
- My students are as stoked about Harry Potter as I am.